- Rinse the rice a couple of times to remove some of the starch.
- Boiled in salted water and scented with 1 bay leaf and 1 shallot.
- Drain the rice and spread it on a tray to let it cool, shelling it with a fork.
- When it is cold, grease it with oil and degrease it again.
- Drain the Nova’s prepared for cold rice salads, without passing it in the water and add it to the rice, stirring gently so as to mix all the components.
- Add the ham, eggs, mozzarelline and provolone, then stir again.
- Season everything, finally, with an emulsion made of oil, mustard and a fine chopped aromatic herbs to taste such as thyme, basil and marjoram.
Enjoy your meal!
PS: you could replace the ham with canned tuna.
To get the vegetarian version of our rice salad, season it with seitan cubes instead of meat and fish!
- Chop the vegetables (celery and onion) into small pieces.
- Wash the carrots very well and then chop them.
- Now put all the chopped vegetables in a pot adding also some cold water.
- Bring it to a boil on a light flame and then leave to cook for 20 minutes. Do not add salt.
- Using a large pan, melt 60 g of butter.
- Mince the shallot and add it to the pan with the melted butter.
- Let the shallot dry until it becomes transparent.
- Add the rice, raise the flame and let it toast well.
- Now mix everything using a spoon, until the rice grains are toasted.
- Blend the rice with a small glass of dry white wine and let it evaporate.
- Lower the fire, the flame must be medium.
- Add some hot broth. It should be added a little at a time so that the risotto is neither too dry nor covered with liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Continuously stir your risotto until the rice grains are ready for creaming.
- Now add Red Chicory Sauce – Salsiamo al Radicchio, 50 g of butter and grated Parmesan cheese for creaming your risotto .
- While creaming, vigorously mix your risotto, through rotating and fast movements. In this way you will stimulate the release of starch by the rice grains, making your meal even more creamy.
Your risotto with radicchio is now ready to be served.
Enjoy your meal!
Borlotto bean is a truly extraordinary food. It can replace meat due to its high protein content and it is also excellent for its high fiber, antioxidants, mineral salts and vitamins content. Among the many recipes with which it can be served, here’s our favorite one: Lamon borlotti beans balls. To get the right recipe, use Nova’s Lamon Borlotto Beans: they are ready to use and top quality!
Here’s how to prepare them:
- Open the tin of Nova’s Lamon Borlotto beans and pour 250 g of them in a mixer, add the egg yolks and a pinch of salt. Mince everything.
- Now add some Parmesan cheese, the flour, 50 g of breadcrumbs and a pinch of hot pepper. Mince everything again until it becomes homogeneous.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Place the garlic clove in a pan and let it fry, then add the tomato pulp and rosemary.
- Now get two more bowls and place the egg and 2 egg whites in a bowl and the breadcrumbs (about 100 g) in the other one.
- Divide the previously prepared mixture into small balls and mold them with your hands, in order to obtain regular-shaped balls (our bean balls).
- Soak each ball first in the egg bowl, so as to cover it completely then in the breadcrumbs.
- Now put the balls in a pan with some sunflower oil and let them fry over medium heat. Our borlotto beans balls will be ready as soon as they become golden.
- Once ready, transfer the balls in a pan and sprinkle with the tomato pulp and rosemary so as to flavor them well.
- Now your beans balls are ready to be served! Place them on a serving dish and…
Enjoy your meal!